School Nutrition Program

School Nutrition Program

Healthy Start Academy provides a nutritious breakfast and lunch to all students each school day at no cost to the student.
We are a sponsor of the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs, and all enrolled students receive meals through the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) made possible by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).  Healthy Start Academy’s meal service is automated. Students are issued a 4-digit PIN number and are expected to memorize this number as they use it as they enter the cafeteria line. PIN numbers are confidential and should never be shared.

Students may bring their lunch from home.  Parents and guardians are encouraged to eat lunch with their student; however, due to our no-cost program, school meals are not provided to adults, and visitors should bring a bag lunch.


Please note that all visitors are asked to respect our no fast-food policy.



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.   To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

 (1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

 (2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or

 (3)        email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.