How to Apply
How to Apply
The Open Enrollment period has begun. Dates for Open Enrollment are January 3, 2019 to March 31, 2019.
We expect to have more applicants than we have classroom space in most grades. As a result, we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
To enroll your student at Healthy Start Academy, you must follow a state-mandated two-step process:
You will fill out an Emergency Contact Form.
If your student(s) received Individualized Education Plan records from a previous school, please review the Exceptional Children section of this website for helpful information.
You will be asked to review the Parent/Student Handbook and attest that you have read, understood and agree to adhere to its guidelines and policies.
At the end of March, we determine if there is a need for a Lottery in any grade. If we have enough space, your student is automatically enrolled, just as if you were enrolling in a district-run public school. We hold a lottery when we have more student applicants than available seats in a grade.
By law, you must show proof of North Carolina residency before we can complete your enrollment process. You may show residency in any North Carolina county.
Proof of Residency: What We Need
North Carolina requires that all student applications must come from parents or guardians who are currently legal residents of North Carolina.
As proof of residency, we are allowed to accept any of these documents:
- A valid North Carolina driver’s license;
- A valid North Carolina photo identification card;
- Copy of your deed;
- Copy of your most recent mortgage payment;
- A utility bill dated within the past 30 days, including gas, water, electric, land line telephone, cable television, or satellite television;
- A vehicle tax bill, dated within the last 12 months;
- A property tax bill, dated within the last 12 months;
- A bank or credit card statement dated within the last 60 days.
This residency policy does not apply to homeless students, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Act. Please call the Main Office at (919) 956-5599 for further information and assistance.
Immunizations: What We Need